The Path of the Condor is a documentary film directed by Christian Holler, in which a paraglider pilot and an ornithologist study the life and flight characteristics of the world’s largest flying bird, the condor. First released in 2008, it has been remade with narration by Viggo Mortensen. The U.S. premiere was Sunday, March 28, at the Environmental Film Festival in Maryland.
A DVD of the film has been available for some time, with other narrators. It is being re-released with Viggo Mortensen's narration, but be aware that the copies currently available were made prior to this remake.
For more information:
- De cuervos y cóndores - December 2009 interview with Viggo Mortensen regarding the narration includes a photo of Viggo with maté in hand (in Spanish)
- Official Path of the Condor website - all flash, pretty but slow
- The Path of the Condor - REDUX - Vimeo clip showing scenes from the film (no Viggo)
- Path of the Condor Facebook page - see photo album from Viggo's narration
- Film review - includes video clip with original narrator